Monday, March 15, 2010

Like Leaves Poking through Sand


This weekend has been spent in a fog; of allergies, that is. Things have been slower, quieter, and not as productive as I would like while I battle with my body....I usually never win these sort of things. So, most of the weekend was spent resting and trying to be OK with that.

That is easier said than done. I like to be in control of situations, to be in control of myself. To set my goal and complete it - easily - in less time that I thought. Oh, how plain foolish and grandiose of myself. Life never really works out like that; and luckily, I am learning that (albeit slowly) and trying to be gentler with myself and that master "to do" list.

For example, I have a cleaner and tidier studio right now, thanks to a burst of energy this weekend. And we now have a stair rail on our porch thanks to my husband's energy and creativity! But, the studio isn't being used right now as I just don't have the "oomph" to get down there...and well, I painted the primer on the railing, but that's it for today. That is enough. I AM ENOUGH....as is. Until tomorrow...